Monday, March 31, 2014

Spring Sensations




(The black and white tickets aren't accurate to my final project because I lost the final project file.) 

My idea came to me after the brain-storming-session we had in class, and after I quick sketched 20 thumbnail sketches. I had to choose from the many ideas I had for this poster and I also received help from Mrs. Silverman in the process of  choosing which idea to make a reality. After the brainstorming session in class we had, and picking the drawing I wanted to emphasis on Photoshop, I started to get to work creating my poster idea on Photoshop and making it a reality. I researched how to create the soil and the sky that you see on the poster. All the different kinds of shapes you see (Stem, music notes, treble clef, etc.) were included in the Photoshop program so I used all the different kinds of shapes to my advantage. Last but not least, I experimented a lot with the font, seeing what looks best and all of that fun stuff. I used a lot of layers in all three of these projects. The idea of music growing appealed to me greatly because it shows a growing of new classical music in the spring time. I chose my font style and color because it's very simple to read and it also has some design. When you think of spring, originally you think of light colors with movement, and that's exactly what I portrayed inside this poster. This is my Spring Sensation poster in color, black and white, and my Spring Sensations tickets in black and white! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment